DATA CENTRE TECHNICIAN
Posted by 25/07/2023
Our client is one of the leading developers and operators high performing data centers in China and South East Asia.
As a carrier and cloud-neutral provider, they have empowered their customers with seamless access to major telecommunications networks and the largest PRC and global public clouds, with their facilities serving as the backbone for hyper-scale cloud service providers, large internet companies, financial institutions, telecommunications carriers, IT service providers, and domestic private sector and multinational corporations.
With more than 20 years of presence in the market, they have been offering a wide range of solutions, from co-location to hybrid cloud services management in the most secure and efficient way in catering to their constantly transforming business needs.
They are now looking for seasoned Technician to be part of their expanding team in Malaysia. You will now have the opportunity to work with some of the largest and most influential players in the field, in supporting their businesses' digital transformation.
- Patrol and inspect the power supply system and HVAC system in the data center.
- Perform preventative maintenance on the data center according to schedule and ensure effective working of electromechanical building systems
- Respond to and deal with emergency events in daily operations.
- Administer the BMS system and respond to alerts.
- Fill in the operation records, maintenance records, accident handling records, and shift handover records.
- Handle routine alarms and faults of power supply and distribution services and HVAC systems.
- Maintain the environment's cleanliness, temperature, and humidity
- Manage the safety appliances and instrumentation tools.
- Assist the shift leader to execute the customer's power supply request.
- Properly compile and maintain the data center equipment files and records.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory laws and company guidelines are met.
- Professional trade certificate (ACMV - Air Conditioning and Mechanical Ventilation, Electrical, ELV, Plumbing, or Building Services related).
- Diploma or higher in Electrical. Mechanical, or ELV subject.
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years related experience in the Data center industry or Hi-tech facilities/plant/factory is preferred, however this role is open to meet fresh grads.
- Familiar with local relevant safety operation regulations.
- Able to perform switching operations and troubleshooting.
- Basic expertise in high/low voltage power supply and distribution systems, UPS, diesel generators, HVAC, and video surveillance.
- A local qualification certificate is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Words, Powerpoint)
- Proficient in Mandarin and English for communication with internal teams and business partners.
- Being conscientious and responsible.
- Able to work on 24 Hours Rotational Shifts, 6 Days per week, 9 Hours per shift (Including Weekend and Public Holidays
- Have no issue working and based in Nusajaya, Johor.
Other Relevant Job(s)
FRONT END DEVELOPER
DATA CENTRE TECHNICIAN
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER